Thursday, June 9, 2011

Traumatic Moments :)

Our kitchen became the home of the "Cut Out Cookie Disaster" today.

I tried a new recipe from one of Kristi's good friends called Brownie Roll Out Cookies. They were ABSOLUTELY fabulous! I had a tad bit of trouble with the icing though. I couldn't get the consistency right to where the icing would just sit there when I frosted them. It was way too runny even after adding about 1 1/2 cups more powdered sugar. So I decided to just dump the bag of sugar into the frosting. What came out was frosting that was REALLY thick to the point where I decided just to take a whisk and fling the frosting over the cookies to decorate them. Can you hear my mother gasping yet? :)

So, this is what became of those cookies.




Here's a little intermission between the cookies and the garden. Did you know that our cats have camouflage?


Ok - on to the garden. Our pepper plants are OUT OF CONTROL! (I love it though!)




Our tomatoes are growing! The first plant is a cherry tomato plant that has yet to give us any tomatoes, but it's growing really well. The second is a better boy tomato plant.




Since we're in the middle of summer, I thought you'd like to compare and contrast
My herbs:


Mom's herbs:


Apparently I don't have a green thumb when growing things like basil, thyme, and rosemary. Go MOM! :)

And last but not least, we had a traumatic moment about 2 months ago when Grey ran over my newly purchased daisies. After about 8 weeks of love and devotion, one of them is finally blooming. Hallelujah.


-B

No comments:

Post a Comment