Saturday, November 9, 2013

A Rant

Can I just complain for a little bit?
I went to my diabetes training yesterday afternoon.   First of all, the lady told me some awesome news about WATER BEING CARB FREE!  Really? Thanks.  I've already counted you out as being knowledgeable.

2nd - I was BY FAR the most knowledgeable preggo in the class.  One woman brought her smoker husband in with a footlong sub. (Can't eat that anymore friend!) When asked if anyone looked at labels, I was the only one nodding.  Do I know that fruit juice has a lot of sugar?  Yep. Do I need to be taught what a serving size means?  Nope.  Did our insurance cover this awesome wealth of knowledge that I took away from a 2 hour class?  Nope. I want my money back.

3rd - I'm supposed to keep my blood sugar levels under 120.  Exercise helps to lower it so if you can, you're supposed to walk a tiny bit after every meal.  I didn't walk at all yesterday and I had a flippin potato for dinner.  You know what?  My levels were still below 120.  Today, the highest reading I had was 96 and that was after ritz crackers and ice cream. 

4th - My needle thing sucks.  I'm supposed to test right when I get up and 2 hours after breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  My fasting prick was fine.  Every other time tonight, I've had to prick TWICE to draw enough blood.  So instead of 4 pricks on my one poor finger, it got to experience 7 today.  THAT'S NOT FUN.

I need to remember that this is all to help out the kiddo.  I'd rather easily be able to control it than have to give myself shots.
9 weeks more. 63 days. I can do this.
-B

No comments:

Post a Comment