Tuesday, December 11, 2012

This past week

This past week was a doozie.

On Wednesday, I called almost 30 SETS of parents.  It was so. much. fun. explaining that their HIGH SCHOOL  aged child tried to stick rulers up other kids' noses. And their HIGH SCHOOL aged kid wouldn't quit farting. And their HIGH SCHOOL aged kid wouldn't quit turning around and stealing the ruler from the girl behind him. So. Much. Fun.

Thursday morning, I got the best phone call ever.  I had a student call me before school started with her mother in the background saying, "Apologize!  You apologize to that teacher!  How dare you act like that!"

:) Made me smile.

I also have a kid that has started trying to sleep in my class.  I wake him up probably 3-4 times a day. I've threatened to call people.  I've made him get up and run a few laps around our pod.  No success.  SO! I talked to his coach yesterday about him sleeping in class.  Today, the class starts and the kid immediately puts his head down and starts sleeping so hard that he's twitching.  My phone is right by the kids desk so I call up his coach and leave him a voicemail saying that his beloved player is taking a nap in my room and I'd like him to do something about it.  The kid sleeps through the entire thing.
10 minutes later, coach calls up to my room and asks to speak to the kid.  After a good and thorough yelling, the kid is so embarrassed that he refuses to look at ANYONE for the rest of the class period.
He didn't put his head down anymore though :)

Success.

:)
Pics from MF's bachelorette weekend coming up.  (Hello MF's dad!!!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment