Sorry it's been a while. Gotta say, I'm still a little depressed about the blogging situation. :)
I have a kid in one of my classes that has lived a ROUGH life. I actually cried when I first heard his story...anywho. He's not a happy character to say the least and he gets picked on (not in my class)a lot throughout the day.
I caught him joking around and smiling with me for the first time 2 weeks ago. It was glorious.
Tomorrow is his birthday. You know what my kids have been doing since last week?
Planning a secret birthday party just for him.
I was expressing my thankfulness and joy over them wanting to serve this kid and one of my girls responded with, "well we know he's not happy at home - at least we can make him happy during our class."
Even though I get so bogged down with the rudeness of some of my kids, I've really got some gems. :)
A side note: I was reading through a book that I've read numerous times and came across one of my favorite quotes and thought I'd share.
“Happiness is a risk. If you're not a little scared, then you're not doing it right.”
― Sarah Addison Allen, The Peach Keeper
Love y'all.
-B
Monday, December 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment