Here are last year's New Years Resolutions...let's see how I did!
1. Keep our little family still down to just...two. :) Check!
2. Run the Cooper River Bridge Run. The last time I did this, I was just a little crazy about "diet" and exercise and this year, I'm bound to do it right - lots of running and lots of stuffing my face. :) Bring it on.
:( Got a hotel room and was running 4-5 miles and then our stinkin Boston trip overlapped that weekend. Turns out that Boston and I didn't agree with each other...Bummer
3. Make friends. I'm not off to a great start. There was a girl today at church sitting all by herself. Only one person introduced himself to her during the greet time so I decided to introduce myself after the service. I went up to her and said, "Hey! I saw you sitting here alone so I wanted to come meet you and welcome you to our church" She responded with, "oh, well, I've been going here for 5 years. My parents are working the nursery so I just came out to hear the sermon"
Fail. I seriously already had planned in my mind that she would come over and eat lunch with us and we'd be hanging out later that week. I cried afterwards and told Grey I wasn't ever talking to anyone new again.
So since Jan of last year, we left our old church that I wasn't too passionate about and have since found one that we absolutely adore. With it has come much needed community! I now have friends! Girl friends that are both married and single. What a blessing!
4. Don't let my hormones get the best of me...see #3.
Let's see - Jan-May was pretty emotional. August - December has been pretty emotional. June and July? Perfect! Hmmm...think school has anything to do with it?
5. Finish sewing covers on my dagone pillows
Geez. Dang pillows. All the pillow covers are made and two out of the 5 are completely sewn up. I'll get there eventually...
6. Did I already mention that I'm starved for female attention? Check!
7. I still want to pull an all nighter. That one stems from college. In order to do this though, I have to be allowed to nap until 8:00pm that night. No nap=no staying up late. I also have to have a couple days to catch up afterwards.
I stayed up till midnight once...does that count?
8. I already watched 27 episodes of Raising Hope...CHECK!
Ah. The joys of weekly tv. What a blessing comedy is on my life.
Stay tuned for "New Year's Resolutions 2013"
It'll be big folks. :)
Friday, December 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment