Saturday, January 22, 2011

End of my first semester teaching

Well folks, Monday marks the first day of my second semester teaching. I'll get a whole new group of kids with a somewhat new schedule. Am I excited? Heck yeah! Am I terrified? Heck yeah!

What excites me?
*I get a whole new group of kids to teach and hopefully, share some about Jesus along the way.

What scares me?
*I get a whole new group of kids and I no longer know what excites them, what aggravates them, what bores them, what is hard for them...etc
I've gotten to the point with my other kids where I felt connected to them and I knew how to teach them to the best of my first year teaching ability. The fact that I get to learn to do this all over again scares me yet excites me.
You can be praying for me. :)

Finishing up the semester quotes from my students:
1) I passed?! ARE YOU KIDDING?!
2) Well, it's been a good run while we were together (said TWICE)
3) D: Well, I guess I'll see you some time.
Me: D - are you coming tomorrow?
D: Well yea
Me: Then I'll see you...tomorrow.
D: Oh yeah
4) Do you NOW live with Grey? (for like the 18th time)

:)
Happy beginning of a new semester!
-B


(Grey enjoying a wonderful chocolate chip pancake)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that we can provide you with students whose quotes are humorous and numerous. It's nice to share our joy with you. There are several more who might make it your way...if you're lucky. Happy 2nd semester! B-too

    ReplyDelete