Wednesday, May 11, 2016

A Letter

To the woman at the library who called my 3 month old daughter "big,"

You. You are the reason why people struggle. You are the reason why girls never feel accepted according to their looks. You are mean and spiteful and you should be thankful that I didn't hit you. Really?! A three month old? You should be ashamed of yourself.  I hope you saw me catch my breath when you said it. I hope you heard, really heard, me when I corrected you and told you that she was perfect and normal. And I hope you noticed that we got up and left after that.
Jesus died so that we would never have to feel validated by the world. My baby girl was created in Christ's image and I pray that people like you never cause her to stumble and doubt the way that God made her. Shame on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment