Sunday, August 17, 2014

My Sunday

7:40- James gets up (I know...I'm quite lucky)
8:00- I nurse James and then we play while Grey gets ready for church
8:45- Grey feeds James a breakfast of pears and pineapples while I get ready
9:00- I start to change James's poopy diaper
9:01- James pees all over his face and myself
9:01:30- I call for BACKUP!
9:03- Grey and I gain control of the situation
9:25- We leave for church
10:00- Church starts
10:17- James usually naps from 10:30-12 every day so at this point, I go down to the kids room to try and steal him and the swing for his naptime.  I set him up in a quiet room by himself so he could take a nap.  I sit outside the door and wait.
10:30 - James is still wide awake and is now screaming despite my efforts of checking on him every 3-4 minutes.
10:30:30- I start crying as I realize that he will NOT be taking a nap unless I do something different
10:31 - I give the swing back and resort to sitting in a dark room all by myself for 45 minutes while James snoozes in my arms and I cry.
10:55 - James is still napping and I'm still crying
11:15 - Church is done and they're going through the last of the announcements.  I have now successfully missed the entire church service.
11:20 - I check my nose for boogers and make it back up to the service as they're doing the last announcement, hand James to Grey, and proceed to start crying again.  For the past 7 1/2 months, either James has had to nurse for 30+ minutes during the service, or I've had nursery duty, or I've had to sit with him while he's napped because they don't have enough volunteers to have a "napping babies room."  It gets tiring after a while.
12:00- Grey lets me make an Ingles run where I stock up on Ragin' Ranch chips, dark chocolate, and buffalo chicken.  
2:30-4:00- James takes a beautiful nap.  The world is good again. :)
4:09 - James goes to switch sides while nursing and projectile burp/vomits all over my chest, stomach, pants, the pillow that I was leaning against, and our bed.
4:09:30 - Sigh. I again call for backup
4:10 - Grey takes James to get him all cleaned up and I strip our bed, change outfits, and throw everything into the washing machine
4:30- I go to change James's diaper
4:31 - James pees on me again
4:32 - I announce that Grey in charge of James for the rest of the night
4:35 - Grey takes James to Staples to give me a break
4:35-5:15 - I fold an old load of laundry and put it away, stick the load from the washer into the dryer, wash all the dirty dishes, clean the kitchen counter tops, scrub the toilet, cook Grey's meat for his lunches, and stick a batch of zucchini chips in the oven.
5:30 - We all eat dinner
6:00 - I go to check on the zucchini chips and realize that I had forgotten to PAM the pan before sticking the zucchini on there.  I scrape it all off and throw it in the trash.  Tomorrow we will try it again.
6:30- I think about taking a bath tonight but then realize that having to undress and dry myself off afterwards requires too much energy.
8:09 - Here I am, updating you all on my lovely day.  I do believe that as soon as I'm done here, I'm going to bed.  Tomorrow is a new day!!

When was the last time you got peed on twice? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment