We're totally in love :)
Snuggling after getting fed
Thuggin' it up
He's so expressive with his hands! :)
Doesn't he look like a little old man?
Right before we left the hospital
I'm currently attempting to breast feed and this is usually the reaction I get when I try and burp him in between
The quick birth story:
We checked into the hospital at 5am on Thursday, Jan 9th. They hooked me up to monitors and just watched me until 6:30.
8:00 - Dr. Giep came and broke my water. For those of you that don't know, after your water is broken, the contractions intensify tremendously.
10:00 - I asked for an epidural
12:00-12:30 - I finally got the epidural. :( The nurse actually cut off my pitocin prior to that because I was in so much pain.
12:30 - laid down for a nap
1:00 - I had INTENSE right (lower ovary) pain. I called the nurse in and told her about it and she said she'd get the epidural guy.
1:30 -He comes in and gives me more epidural medicine. No relief
2:00 - He comes back in and gives me 1 round of another pain medicine. No relief
2:30 - I'm actually in so much pain on my right side that I've vomited and I can't stop crying. The drug guy comes in and just stares at me. He offers to take the epidural out and try and put another one in but I can't sit still long enough for that to be done.
3:00 - The pain is literally unbearable. Grey has just resorted to holding my hand and starring at me. The nurse comes in to check me and realizes that on my left side, I'm 8cm and on my right side, I'm at 10 cm.
The drug man comes in and I beg him to at least change out the bag of epidural medicine. He does it and pulls out the epidural 1 cm.
3:45 - No relief still but my left side has finally caught up with my right side and I can start pushing. At that point, the new medicine finally kicks in. (Apparently the epidural was put in crooked so the medicine was only getting to the left side. Once he pulled it out a tiny bit, the medicine was allowed to flow to both sides.)
4:23 - James is born!!!!!
5:25- It takes them quite a bit of time to stitch me up and we're finally allowed to let parents come in and see him.
For the record, I didn't cuss or yell during labor at all. :) I merely cried, begged for lots of medicine, and threw up.
We're adopting from here on out. :) Hats off to you women who either choose to have a completely natural birth or who end up having a similar experience.
We'll keep you updated!

No comments:
Post a Comment