Sunday, January 19, 2014

Interview Pt. 2

1. How are you healing physically? It's a SLOW process, that's for sure.  I just now feel comfortable walking around.  I still can't sleep on my sides due to swelling.
2. How are you feeling emotionally? Better!  I cried pretty uncontrollably for half the day on Tuesday (we came home from the hospital on Saturday) but other than that, I'm doing okay.  I've got a lot of anxiety that comes and goes about random things - if night times are going to be terrible, having visitors, Grey going back to work...etc  I'm assuming it's all postpartum stuff and hopefully it'll die down a little.
3. How is James doing? He's a TROOPER that poops constantly. Seriously. We get a poopy diaper every time we change him. :)  He's a good little sleeper too.  We're blessed for sure!
4. Are you loving being a mommy? It's definitely different than I imagined.  I don't know that we're doing everything right but it's currently working for Grey and myself right now so we'll stick with it.  Being a mommy definitely comes with much uncertainty - is he sleeping enough?  Is he eating enough?  Should I be holding him now while he sleeps or laying him down?  I'm wet - did I pee on myself or did he pee on me? :)
5. How's breastfeeding going?  I'll admit that I don't love it.  I think James has a latch problem so we're scheduling an appointment tomorrow morning with a lactation consultant to try and help us out.  It's a quite painful at times and he easily feeds for an hour if I let him.  That takes a lot out of you when you're supposed to be feeding him every 2-3 hours after he starts that initial feeding. 
6. Have you already forgotten about labor? (Insert cuss word here) NO.  I'm telling you - we'll adopt from here on out. I'm not strong enough to have to go through that again. I'm a wimp when it comes to pain and I'm okay with that.
Sorry the picture is turned, I can't figure out how to get it upright.  This was taken last Thursday, on his 1 week birthday!!  (He favors Grey in EVERY aspect but those cheeks baby!! Those are from his momma!)

No comments:

Post a Comment