Monday, January 6, 2014

An Interview

My little man-you're DUE the week that we have record breaking low temps? 
You're DUE the week that if you go outside with skin exposed, you could have frostbite?
You're DUE during the middle of flu season?
You're DUE during lows of under 10 degrees with winds blowing at up to 30 mph?
You're DUE during the week that schools are delaying school just because of the cold weather?

Mommy and Daddy didn't plan this very well, did we? :) 

Sigh. We're officially on the count down.  If I'm not allowed to go past my due date (so say the doctors) then we're looking at 5 days or less before our lives change forever!

Some questions you might be thinking...
1. Are you ready?  Yes physically and no emotionally
2. Is the house ready?  Yes.  I've vacuumed, dusted, and done laundry every day for the past week. :)
3. Are you scared about labor?  Only getting the IV in my hand
4. Do you have stretch marks?  Dang it - yes. I've got 2 little ones (about an inch in length) on either side of my belly button.
5. Do your rings still fit?  Yes (but it's cold outside so I think that's helped)
6. How much weight have you gained?  I'm looking at 23 big ones.
7. How much should James be weighing right now?  Considering that he was a tad over 6lbs at 35 weeks, we should be well in between the 8-9lb mark.
8. Are you huge?  I feel like it. Grey can't hug me anymore without leaning over. :)  They actually measured my fundal height for the first time last week and I was actually measuring a week behind. We got a new neighbor last week and she thought I still had 4 months to go.  
9. What will little J be coming home in?  A white long sleeved onesie with his name in camo embroidered on the side with a matching hat and orange striped leg warmers.  (Although...we most likely will have tons of layers on top of that due to the temps)
10. Can I hold James? Only if you've had a flu shot! 
11. What are you most looking forward to after he's born (other than having him there)?  Oh man. Where to start - bubble baths, laying on my back and belly, getting up off the couch quickly, not living in constant back pain, being able to eat whatever I want whenever I want, not having to pee every 15 minutes, not peeing in my pants, staying home from teaching, wearing regular (non maternity) clothes, fitting into my old shoes (due to feet swelling), and getting my balance back.  Did I ever tell you that 2 days before I said goodbye to my kiddos, I bent down to pick up a pen that I had dropped and fell over frontwards?  My kids screamed, thinking I had gone into labor. :)  

We'll keep you guys updated!  Thanks for praying for us and for cheering us along!!


No comments:

Post a Comment