Yesterday I had yet another student tell me that they were pregnant. This one broke my heart. I've been praying that this kid would come to know Jesus for the past couple of years. Maybe this is what it'll take.
I'm very thankful in the fact that I have never questioned who the Lord is - whether He exists or not. I am however, currently really struggling with His Sovereignty.
I can count on two hands, the number of couples that I know that are currently or have struggled with infertility. Some were able to get pregnant on their own after years of trying, some were able to get pregnant from doing fertility treatments, some are still trying.
Even though I'm childless, I can only imagine the pain that someone might go through. Yet I question this: I know that the Lord is sovereign and in control and fully capable of stopping or allowing anything in the world to happen. Why isn't this something simple for Him to do? To not allow these young kids who can't even take care of themselves to conceive and instead, let those that are ready?
I understand that everything happens for a reason and that there would be no consequences for sex. I understand that He allows certain things to happen or not happen for His glory - for us to become more like Him and grow closer to Him. I understand this but I still struggle.
Saturday, February 23, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment