Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Quilts and fruit flies

Two posts in one day...good gracious I was productive today!

Look! I've finally finished the baby girl quilt.  Either Jen or Kristi will get it (whichever one has a baby girl first)!

Isn't the fabric so cute?!

Grey left some unclean dishes in the sink while we were away for an entire week. 

 Enter in the fruit flies. 

Within the first 48 hours of our return, I had killed a solid 30+.  I knew we had to do something drastic.  After reading some discussions about how to get rid of them, I decided to do the apple cider vinegar method.  Apparently, the fruit flies are really into the whole fermenting process.

You pour some apple cider vinegar into a glass, heat for 10ish seconds, and cover it with a piece of plastic wrap.  You then take a fork and poke small holes all over the top.  Apparently the flies get into the vinegar but can't seem to find their way out. After leaving the two glasses of vinegar sitting around our kitchen for a good week, I'm proud to say that I only saw 1 flying fruit fly about in our house.  The other 40+ were dead in our two glasses.  Can you see them?

Happy 4th!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment