GACC - the Great American Cookie Company.
We have a history. On our second date ever, Grey and I were wondering around the mall when we stumbled upon GACC. Grey insisted that he get a cookie so we stopped to let him pick one out and eat it. With one bite gone, he then said, "Becky - your cookies are amazing, but you need to strive for this."
I of course was livid - like thought about dumping him that moment livid. To this day, whenever it gets brought up, it ends up being a "tense" moment. Grey will tell you that I misunderstood him. He will tell you that no one can beat a James woman's cookie. It was a mere error in judgement that one fateful night. Grey will also tell you that he has paid dearly for that particular comment. According to him, I have refused to bake cookies for him SINCE then (this would be going on 3 1/2 years now)...
Poor guy.
GACC got brought up a couple of weeks ago. Apparently, G-dawg has always dreamed of a batman cookie cake for his birthday. I even asked if I could bake him one to substitute and he sadly said that even though he would REALLY appreciate it and love it (he's learned huh?), it just wouldn't be the same.
I went to GACC two weeks ago in search of one. They don't and will never make batman ones. Bummer.
I however got a brilliant idea -buy a plain one and decorate it myself! :) So here's to the batman cookie cake that instead of being a "happy birthday" surprise, it'll be a "Happy finishing of your first semester of grad school" surprise!
Thursday, July 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment