Saturday, January 21, 2012

pillows

I finally recovered the pillows on our couch.

Known as the awful beachy looking couch but oh so comfortable thing, this was what the whole thing was previously covered in.

Awful, right?

We got a slip cover for the couch when we got married and I picked out material that was brown with a tiny blue paisley pattern. I covered one pillow in March and pretty much refused to cover the rest of them. I finally figured out why. I hated the fabric! Our living room is done in blue and brown, but there is way more brown than blue. So today I went to Joann's on a mission - find new material.
I did! :) And I love it!!!! They're almost complete...I just have to figure out how to sew them shut. Yay!



My next project - see what you think and feel free to leave comments. Make a comforter cover that has this pattern

I really like the red bird fabric for the big center piece

And I'm thinking about using either a dark brown or black quilted fabric along with this.


Watcha think? or should I go with either one of these?

1 comment:

  1. I have the purple bird fabric and I love it. I've never seen the red, but I think it's absolutely gorgeous! I say, go for it!

    ReplyDelete