Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Break


Has been wonderful.

It started on Friday, the last day of school, when I got some of the most thoughtful and amazing gifts ever from my students. All of them were wonderful and so precious to me but you need to know about two of them in particular.

The first was brought to me by 6 of my students from last year. They gave my this ginormous card and inside, they had gotten a bunch of my previous students to sign it. Absolutely precious. I almost cried.




The second gift came from 5 of my girls in one of my classes. They seriously surprised the junk out of me. Apparently I talk a lot about things that I enjoy doing/desperately need (like Finding Nemo) in order to make my life complete...and apparently they've been taking notes. They got me one of these beautiful baskets with my initials embroidered on there

along with everything that I adore like dove dark chocolate, sour patch kids, Finding Nemo, yarn, crocheting needles, air fresheners, baby wipes, a picture frame with their picture, a blanket, funky erasers, sticky notes, toys for the cats....they just totally went all out. I was SHOCKED.
The kitties loved the toys by the way. :) They scooted the package all around the floor until we finally decided to take the toys out.




How blessed am I to have students that would take the time to go out of their way like mine have this year? Wow.

Grey and I chose to spend the week before Christmas with his fam and the week after Christmas with mine.
For Christmas with his dad, he got us kids the coolest gift ever...a remote control swimming shark. Oh wait, did I mention that the shark was ginormous?!


When we went down to L-town to visit my fam, Dan and Kristi suggested that we visit the Congaree Swamp.






















As of yesterday, I made my first Cricut project!


Yay for Christmas break!

1 comment:

  1. COOL shark, cute card, adorable cat, great pics, amazingly thoughtful gifts from students, and SO glad you are enjoying your BREAK!!!
    See you in 2012. :-)

    ReplyDelete