Wednesday, August 17, 2011

First Teacher Fail

Today was the first day and I already failed.

4th block is going to be my craziest (and biggest) class. No one wants math at the very end of the day (except for me) so they're always really hyped up and spunky.

Today I went through all my policies and procedures and ALMOST made it out without having a teacher fail. Then...this happened.

Me speaking to them: Tickets are my reward system. It's worked well so far. If you do something really sweet, or participate in class, or catch me in a mistake, or improve on a test (etc), you'll get a ticket. Every week or so, we'll have drawings. If your name is drawn, you'll be given some type of reward, whether it be individual ipod passes, a half homework pass, points on a test, or possibly illegal brownies.

Ok stop. First of all, don't tell the amazing janitors that I possibly MENTIONED food. I promise on all the nerdy math gear that I possess that not a single crumb would be found from these three lucky winners drawn every week.

However, illegal as in "not being able to possess" was not AT ALL what my kids immediately thought of. Nope, they were more thinking of the illegal as in "Smokin Mary Jays out back" kind of way and proceeded to laugh hysterically for the next five minutes at me.

There ya go, teacher fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment