Grey and I have decided (or maybe just me) that Grey did not show me his true self while we were dating.
We had an interesting dating life - we started while I was student teaching so we never saw each other and then the next year, Grey student taught while I tried to cram a 2 year master's program into 1 year so once again, we hardly ever saw each other. Regardless, we fell in love and got married. The end.
Five months into marriage, I'm learning new things about my husband that I NEVER knew while dating. Now please let me preface this with this: I love Grey dearly and I would not do a single thing differently. However, I'm convinced that he did not show me who he really was while were dating in order to keep me from leaving him. :)
Let me clarify:
This week, all I've done is look at him and say, WHERE DID THIS COME FROM!?
*He never ever ever told me the plot of his books while he was reading them. Now, I sit there for 10 or so minutes while he goes into very detailed summaries about his star wars books. Do I care? Heck no. :) But I'm learning to listen. :)
*Last night, we were out to dinner and he all of a sudden leaned over, and SPIT SOMETHING OUT ON HIS PLATE...in front of people! Did he ever do this while dating? Heck no! I politely (that is sarcastic) showed him how to use the very delicate white paper thing known as a napkin. We practiced putting it up to his mouth, spitting whatever was in his mouth out into it (without another person seeing) and then putting the napkin back in his lap. You know what he said?
"Well you sure do have a lot of tact!"
*Kristi - don't read this!
Grey sleeps with a mouth piece because he grinds his teeth and we don't really want to have to pay for new teeth when he's 30. He (I have no idea how) ended up taking his mouth piece to school on Wednesday morning. Where should he put the mouth piece while teaching? My man came up with two options.
Option 1: His khaki pockets
Option 2: His desk
Now, knowing what we know about germs and bacteria, let's compare the two. Option 1 involves the the khaki pocket that contains car keys. Car keys have some germs, right? Option 2 involves the desk where Grey sits, puts papers that the kids have touched, is open to sneezing, kids hands that haven't been washed after going to the restroom...etc. Which option would you pick to place your mouth piece?
Grey chose option 2 - you know why? Cause according to him, it had less germs than his pocket. Ew. Ew. Ew.
*I should also tell you that I haven't slept in about a month. Grey has started dreaming very vivacious dreams that cause him to toss and turn during the night. He turns so hard that he BOUNCES me in the bed. In the past month, I've gotten hit or elbowed in the face at least twice a week.
Any suggestions? :)
I just thought you'd maybe appreciate a little humor from our family!
-B
Sunday, May 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

HURP. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
ReplyDelete:)
Hang in there with the sleeping thing. You guys are figuring out one of the toughest parts about being newlyweds. Learning to share a bed with someone isn't easy! It does get better though! Neither Kristi nor I got much sleep in the first months of our marriage! Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteUm. To clarify, neither Dan nor I got much sleep in the first months of our marriage due to the difficulties of learning to share a bed with another person...NOT for other...perhaps less savory reasons. Ahem.
ReplyDelete