Yesterday and today have been incredible days. The Lord has shown me that even when I feel alone, there are people who look out for me.
Yesterday, I got the sweetest note from a secretary at Hillcrest just saying that I was in her thoughts and prayers. She is one of the sweetest caring people at that school. She is constantly asking me how I'm doing and how my stress levels are. She is someone who keep me going on a daily basis. I'm thankful for her sweet friendship!
Yesterday, I got invited to the Ms. Owen's class for a Thanksgiving lunch. I have one of her students in my class and I was his special guest. He was super sweet in that he waited for me to get there before he started eating. (Fortunately, the other incredible people there told him that I'd be way late and they convinced him to go ahead and eat.) When I showed up, his class stood up and sang Principal Chamness happy birthday and then they all pulled out pieces of paper. On their piece, they had each written an "I'm thankful for this person because..."
It was amazing. My incredible student told me that I was one of his best friends and that I had made math worthwhile to him. I cried! :) It was incredible. I'm so thankful that the Lord gave me that moment. It's so easy to get caught in the "first year teaching stinks" mentality but when the Lord shows me that I'm impacting just ONE kid, it makes it all worth it.
Today, I was waiting by the mailboxes for the post woman to finish putting the mail in when my old neighbor pulled up in her car. She asked what I was doing for Thanksgiving and then proceeded to tell me that her 10-12 year old son Isaac, was so worried that since I lived by myself, that I would be alone for Thanksgiving. He had begged his mom to call me up and invite me to Thanksgiving with them. I'm so thankful that the Lord has provided a friend for me to have in the apartment complex.
And lastly, I'm so thankful for my amazing family and friends. They have gotten me through a lot, supporting me, encouraging me, and loving me. I would not be who I am without them.
I love you all!
Happy Thanksgiving!
-B
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment