Saturday, April 23, 2016

3 months

This little nugget turned 3 months old on Thursday!
 Emmie Lyn,
You are such a joy to be around!  You're usually pretty reserved with your smiles for people that you know but once you warm up to someone, you're all smiles! There is a sweet lady at church that just adores you. She's got all boys that are in high school and college. Last week, she stole you from me as soon as we walked in and I didn't get you back until after the service! She got some cute baby snuggles and you gave her a big poop in return. :)
 You're cooing up a storm and are kind of starting to giggle. It's more of a "Ha. That maybe was funny mom" but you're getting there! You don't like to be held laying down. You're more of a "turn out and face the world" kind of girl. You also love to practice sitting up and you'll stand for a few minutes before your little legs get tired. I think you're gearing up to go chase that brother of yours.

 You just recently found your hands so a lot of times you'll just hold your hands for entertainment. You're on a pretty consistent schedule at this point. You wake up and nurse around 8:30, nap 10-10:45ish, nurse at 11:30, nap 12:15-2:30, nurse at 2:30, nap from 4-5/5:30, nurse whenever you get up, and bedtime is anywhere between 6:30 and 7:00. I know I am the luckiest woman alive to have a baby that sleeps from 7-8:30 at night and that it will probably change soon but for now, I'll take it. You generally only nurse twice at night. Lately, 1-2 days a week, you'll nurse one time during that 13 hours. I'd like to say that I take advantage and capitalize on those nights but usually you've nursed like a rabid bear the night and day before so I'm up in the middle of the night trying to pump to relieve pressure. 
 You just adore your big brother and he loves you! A few days ago, he was running around the house yelling, "Mommy! DON'T SING! MOMMY! DON'T DO THAT" and ran up to you and yelled, "I LOVE YOU!" and then ran away. He's silly. Don't worry. You'll take him down soon enough. :)

 You love to stand!  Everyone says you look like a mini me :) It's those cheeks girl. You carry them well!
 Thanks KPS for the adorable outfit!
Onto - 4 months!  James had a TERRIBLE month of sleep regression when he was 4 months old so I'm bracing myself. You usually do a really good job of putting yourself to sleep when you wake up so I'm praying we stay that lucky! We love you Emmie!

No comments:

Post a Comment