Thursday, January 28, 2016

One week ago today

One week ago yesterday, I was 38 1/2 weeks pregnant.

One week ago yesterday, they stripped my membranes to try and get labor going since I wasn't really progressing as fast as they wanted me to.

One week ago yesterday, Grey and I sat in bed that night and talked about our anxieties about adding a second baby. I actually made the comment, "what if this was our last night with James and we don't know it?"

One week ago yesterday, I was completely convinced we were having a boy.

And then 2am came.

One week ago today, I woke up at 2am thinking I had to pee really badly. I made it to the bathroom and peed, only to stand up and see that I had soaked through my bottoms. I immediately started having contractions anywhere from 8-14 minutes apart.

One week ago today, I couldn't go back to sleep so I cleaned the bathroom, swept the kitchen floor, and unloaded the dishwasher.

One week ago today, we hadn't even packed our hospital bags.

One week ago today, I sent Grey to school to finish up sub plans even though my contractions were 6-8 minutes apart.

One week ago today, my mother in law came over to watch James and I had Grey come back home by 9:00 because I was having to stop moving during contractions.

One week ago today, we made it to the hospital where they in fact confirmed that my water had broken. (Really?!)

One week ago today, I got hooked up at about 10:00, I got my epidural  about 11, and by 2pm, I was 10 cm dilated. We had to wait for 20 minutes for a doctor to finish up another delivery.

One week ago today, our tiny baby girl was born at 2:29, weighing 7lbs 1oz, and measuring 19 1/2 inches long.

I. Was. Shocked. 

A girl?! Naw, I never suspected. I won't lie when I say that my heart sank a little. I wanted to be a momma of boys! I wanted my dad to have another grandson. I wanted James to have a brother.

One week ago today, I had no idea how quickly my heart would change to love and treasure that baby girl like no other.  She's my daughter, my little girl that I get to dress up and put her hair in pigtails. I get to teach her to cook and bake.  I get to raise her like my momma did me. How amazingly awesome!

Happy one week baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment