Makeup Mugshot Monday!!!
James is officially into 3-6 month clothes and size 2 diapers. So far he's done NOTHING that the pediatrician has said that he needs to do by 4 months. No rolling over, no giggling, no pushing up on his hands...nothing. Kiddo has a lot to do in 3 weeks. He IS majorly chewing on his hands, grabbing everything that he can, smiling big time at people that he knows or ladies that he thinks are pretty. :) He's shrieking and cooing up a storm and has GREAT head control. We have lots of conversations every morning. He'll coo, I'll respond, he'll respond etc. It's so cute. He's also getting to the point where he's starting to get fussy if no one is paying him attention. Grey and I usually sit with him on the play mat while we eat dinner and he has started whining when we're talking to each other and not directly to him. What a character. :)
We're still exclusively breastfeeding even though I'm annoyed/frustrated to say that it's certainly not always easy. We usually have a couple of days a week where he won't eat at all on one side or he's constantly latching on and ripping off. I know it's good for him but gah is it exhausting. I'm extremely thankful that I have a sister that has struggled with almost the exact same things that I've struggled with when it comes to him feeding. The last time I called the lactation consultant with a question, she had no idea what to say. (She's the CERTIFIED one, right?) At least my sister has always been able to give me some suggestions! Breastfeeding is probably one of the hardest things I've ever done. He won't take a bottle AT ALL anymore which means that:
A. We're stuck breast feeding until he decides that he'll take a sippy cup
and
B. We need to pray that I don't get sick etc to the point where I CAN'T breast feed or else we're in trouble.
He's still eating every 3 hours during the day and going anywhere from 6-8 hour stretches at night.
Other random updates:
*The people looking at our house told us that they were going to give us an offer and then decided to go with a new townhouse currently in construction. Pooh.
*We ended up having to take James to Gatlinburg with us since he wouldn't take a bottle. We were more tired when we came home then when we left. James had a rough time in the mountains. :/
*For those of you wondering, my tattoo is back to it's normal pre-pregnancy size!! :) No stretching!
*With Grey watching James during spring break, I was finally able to paint my toenails, brush my teeth daily, and shower daily. Staying at home is harder than I thought when it comes to taking care of yourself. I can totally see how easy it is for mommas to let themselves go.
*We're STILL eating off of the food that I prepared pre-baby! We've got probably another month's worth in our freezer!!!
That should be it for now! We love y'all and appreciate y'all sharing in our journey!
-B





No comments:
Post a Comment