Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Things I've learned in the past month

Get as much sleep as you can before the baby comes...it won't be the same afterwards.

You become used to cheering on poopy diapers. Kiddo always feels better after one of those.

Breastfeeding makes you ridiculously thirsty.

It's ok to lay the kiddo down in your lap and cry while he screams and refuses to latch on and feed correctly.

Never turn down help.

If you have a boy, you will most definitely get both peed and pooped on.

My husband is completely enthralled with our child.

Shower only when other people can start to smell you. That's usually a good day after I start to smell myself. :)

Your hormones are cray-cray for a while afterwards. I'm not sure mine have returned to normal yet. I cry a lot, I have B.O. constantly, even an hour after I shower, I have acne popping up, sometimes I need affection from Grey and other times I want nothing to do with him...I'm a mess.

Zippered onesies are the way to go. Ain't nobody got the time and patience for snaps at 3:00 am.

I was incredibly hopeful that once we didn't have to set an alarm during the middle of the night to feed him, that he would magically go 6 hours without feeding. I was greatly mistaken. James still wakes up on the dot 2-3 hours after each previous feeding. It takes time Beck, time.

Your body (mainly your tummy) will NEVER be the same afterwards but that's ok. You've birthed a little miracle and that makes it worth it. Stretch marks are the new sexy, huh?
-B

1 comment: