Story 1:
A conversation right before the final exam:
Background: I gave each of the kids a 3x5 notecard that they could write whatever they wanted on it for the final exam. First block rolls around and a kid that honestly tries his very hardest realizes that he's left his card at home. Bless his heart. I slipped him another one. :)
Third block rolls around and a kid that has slacked the entire semester realizes that he's also left his notecard at home. Right before they broke for lunch, I pulled him aside.
Me: Look. I gave a kid another notecard this morning when he told me that he left his at home. The difference? He has actually worked all semester. You on the other hand have done absolutely NOTHING this past week (or semester) when we reviewed. I'm going to give you a card only because I gave the other kid a card but know this: You don't deserve it. Take your card, thank the Lord, and go fill it out during lunch.
(We come back after lunch and I'm walking by their desks checking all their materials right before the exam)
Me: Student, where's your notecard?
Student: I didn't fill it out - I felt really guilty since I haven't done any work.
Hah! Maybe I did actually teach someone something
Story 2:
Remember this conversation?
"I want a baby too but I ain't ready! I'm 25 years old and I've been married
for 2 years. You're ** years old with a boyfriend of 1 week. What makes you so
ready?"
Girlfriend came up to me yesterday and showed me a picture of a positive pregnancy test. She hasn't told her momma yet because they're trying to figure out how to break the news to her. When we talked about it, she said that she was trying to look at this as a blessing. Good gracious. What a blessing it is, but does she really know how hard it's going to be? She's still a kid!
Hey - we got new kids last week and so far, it's been the best semester yet. I've got really really really good kids. They're all happy and joyful and not snotty. Do you know how rare that is? I told Grey yesterday that I might actually enjoy teaching this semester. Glory. :)
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment