Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Finally

It's here!!!!! My broccoli is coming!


AND....My cabbage is enclosing itself. (Which means that the head of cabbage is coming!)


Jealous at how huge our garden is getting?


We just planted the others in the box today. Grow my little dears, grow!


We have some new friends! We have a black kitty that has decided to start hanging around but I have yet to get a picture of her. We like to call her Ethel. :)


Lastly, this past weekend, I made Grey a homemade Key Lime Pie for his birthday and he said, and I quote, "This is the best key lime pie ever!" :)


The funny part was that it called for 1/2 cup of lime juice. Only 1/2 a cup, right? From regular limes, you should have been able to juice 2-4 and get that amount. Since I was using Key Limes and they're TINY, I ended up having to juice 20 to get 1/2 a cup. I didn't have a juicer so after hand squeezing about 10 of them, I had to start taking breaks between every few. :) Next time - buy a freakin juicer.

5 more weeks till summer!
-B

1 comment:

  1. My deal with Dan is that if he insists on key limes, then he juices them himself. America's Test Kitchen claims there is no difference between regular and key limes in the pie, apart from the color (I think). :)

    Your garden looks great!

    ReplyDelete