Thursday, July 22, 2010

Popsicles! Who wants popsicles?!

This past weekend at home, Mom and I went to the mall. This wasn't just any mall trip, mind you. Nope, we went with a destination in mind: Williams and Sonoma. Being ladies who thoroughly enjoy spending time in the kitchen, this was quite a treat for us. Supposedly they had the gold bake ware (that mom absolutely loves) on sale. This rumor was in fact true, BUT there was something else that caught our attention.

POPSICLES! Williams and Sonoma had popsicle makers, popsicle sticks, and a popsicle cookbook! Being the total cook freak that I am, I bought two books, one for myself (of course) and one for my oldest sister Kristi. I just had to try some of the recipes out!

This past Tuesday, we decided to give it a go, one from the cookbook and one that we made up. The made up one was a healthy version which was comprised of vanilla yogurt, key lime yogurt, and blueberry pomegranate V8 juice. Surprisingly, it was quite tasty...I'd make it again! :)

The second kind was to die for. We made chocolate truffle popsicles from the W&S cookbook. Holy cow. Holy cow. Holy cow. I think Jesus invented those popsicles - they were wonderful. No, wait, wonderful doesn't do it justice. They were silky, chocolatey, decadent, rich little suckers.

Get the idea? They were fabulous. Do yourself a favor and go buy that cookbook. Forget the popsicle maker, put the little treats into dixie cups and when frozen, the dixie cups will peel right off. Don't forget the popsicle sticks!

-B

P.S. Nora just farted. You're welcome.

3 comments:

  1. You crack me up, and I am now dying for that chocolate popsicle. Seriously? I guess I have to go get that book now! Tell me they aren't complicated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expected to see a picture of the popsicle!! What is up with that Chef Becky??

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were probably the most complicated recipe in the cookbook and it wasn't bad at all. The cookbook had recipes like cookies and cream, double chocolate swirl, chai tea, vanilla toffee chip, and watermelon lime...which all look incredible.
    Kait - a picture will be coming soon!

    ReplyDelete