**Caution: Contains true stories**
Currently, Ms. Nora is napping, glee music is playing, I'm chewing gum, and the sun is shining. Life is good but quite chaotic right now. Earlier in the morning, I realized that come August, things aren't going to look the same as they have for the previous five years. I won't be going back to Clemson, I won't get to see my good friends on a regular basis anymore, I won't be going back to Crosspoint, and I won't be helping with my sweet youth girls (just to name a few). I'm really growing up. I'm starting a legit job that will require all my time and effort during the week. I'll have to pay for my own groceries and car insurance. I'll be known as Miss James to about one hundred 10th and 11th graders. I can't hide in the bushes and shoot people with marshmallow guns anymore. I'm getting married in (holy cow) about 4 1/2 months and I'll then have to live with a (gasp, horror) BOY (excuse me, MAN) for the rest of my life. I'll have to change my name, driver's license, social security card, and bank account. I won't be able to sleep in till 9 every morning and take bubble baths after lunch. I won't be able to wear my HOMEMADE tie-dyed leggings while doing school work. I won't be able to stand inside my apartment peeping through the eye hole while crazy chicks tear each other's hair out and yell profanity and then I won't be able to call the cops on them as they run down the stairs and slam each other up against cars. I won't be able to shoot marshmallows off of our 3rd story apartment into a crowd full of drunks on a Friday night and then dash into the apartment when a drunk starts coming up the stairs towards us.
You may currently be asking yourself this question:
"Is Miss James freaking out?"
My answer to you:
"Um CELLO" (Thanks School of Rock dude)
It's normal to freak out though, right? This is all part of the "Circle of Life" and I honestly just have to get through it all...Right? I've got to "Get down to business to defeat those Huns," move on, and tackle the unknowns(I've been listening to lots of Disney music since I'm with Nora all day)...Right?
Sincerely,
Becky "Freak Out" James
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Kiddo. You will be ok. You absolutely can handle this. It is a lot of big changes at once, but you don't have to make all of the changes that you are worried about if you don't want to. You can still totally wear your homemade tie-dyed leggings around the house in the evenings when you are grading or planning lessons, and you can TOTALLY set up a target in your apartment or your new backyard (when you get one) and fire away with those marshmallows. You are doing a lot of grown up things over the next few months, but you can still retain your kid attitude of loving life and trying not to worry about the little stuff. You will be the best Miss James those 10th and 11th graders have ever heard of; I have no doubt. As for freaking out, if you need to, go ahead (just wait until I get home to save Nora). :) Dan and I will always always be here to listen to you and help you in any way possible. We love you lots kiddo and we could not be more proud of you. And as for living with a BOY...having done it myself for seven years now, it is a lot of fun. Remember that you love this guy and that he is your best friend (apart from ME. Tee hee). And remember that you have to keep your relationship fun...feel free to shot each other with marshmallow guns if the need arises. :)
ReplyDelete