These days, I am constantly amazed - constantly amazed at how good my God is to me.
Some days, I feel like the pressure to be overly consumed by things or to become a worry wart is so strong, that it's hard not to fall to the pressure. People keep asking me if I'm stressed with the wedding planning, if not having a job is killing me, if I'm going psycho trying to study for my comprehensive exam on Wednesday...etc.
Well back off. :)
I won't lie. I'm a little stressed about things, but they're not consuming me like people are expecting them to do.
Proverbs 16:9 says this. "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Psalm 94:19 - When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.
Isaiah 40:28-29 - "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
and finally,
2 Corinthians 12:9 - "But he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Amen. I have such a comfort knowing that me in all my human sinfulness, can not screw up God's plan for myself. Even if I fail my exam, screw up the wedding, and don't get a job, Christ will be made stronger through my weaknesses. So am I consumed by worry? Nope. Am I overwhelmed with everything that's going on? Nope. I'm relishing in the fact that the Lord has a plan for me and that He is sovereign and in control. His grace is sufficient for me. What comfort and peace is brought when I dwell on that!
-B
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Amen sister!
ReplyDelete