First of all, apparently, the baby blue blanket on our bed is a gold mine.
Back story: I've wanted a little play table that encourages James to stand and play for about 2 months now. When James was 5-6 months old, we wanted a bouncy chair for him and saved up to buy him a brand new one. 80 bucks later, the kid wouldn't use it for the first month, played in it for about 2 weeks, and then went back to hating it. (He never got the hang of actually bouncing in it). Lesson learned.
I put a table just like this in my amazon shopping cart a while ago and have literally gone to check out 2-3 times. Right before it's time to enter in your payment info, I've canceled it every time, feeling guilty that we don't really have extra money to be spending on toys. About a month ago, I found a woman on Craigslist who would sell me one for 20 bucks. I contacted her and told her we wanted it. She responded back asking if that Saturday would work. Grey's mom was supposed to come over that day so I told her no but that ANY OTHER day that next week would work. She never emailed me back.
Thus: Today's Frugal Friday addition!
I SCREAMED (inside) for joy when I saw it...$5.50!
The best part was that I had a $4.25 credit for buying a shirt for Grey that ended up (ahem) being a woman's shirt that (obviously) didn't fit correctly. So! Our total purchase was....$1.25!! What a blessing! With some soap, clorox wipes, and new batteries, it is good as new! HE LOVES IT!
J: Hmm. What exactly does this thing do?

No comments:
Post a Comment