Today is my last day with students for the summer.
Praise. The. Lord.
Things I've learned this year:
1. Kids WILL remember you falling out of your chair in class 2 years ago.
2. Some kids will hate you (and tell you that they hate you).
3. I've really started praying for some of my individual kids and in terms of their relationship with me, it's been more tolerable than I expected (with the exception of one kid)
4. Kids need Jesus SO badly.
5. Juniors and Seniors think that they're adults. They think they're mature enough to make decisions like when to not use birth control.
6. Kids will remember the nickname that they gave me two years ago when I got married (Lancaster + James = Lames)
7. I had 3 girls tell me that they were pregnant. I had another one in class that had a 6 month old. As sad as it is, getting pregnant is totally the cool thing to do.
This semester has really been one of my favorites EVER! (Ya know, in all 3 years that I've been teaching...)
I've had fantastic kids - no one has been a Debbie-Downer, every kid has really put forth effort, they've laughed along with me instead of at me...it's just been fun!On to the summer!
*Come on Maggie!!! 6 weeks or less! :) This Auntie is So excited to see you!!*
Wednesday, June 5, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment