Friday, October 12, 2012

Spirit Week

Spirit Week at good ole Lexington was merely a week filled with hall decorating and silly dress up days.

Not so much at Hillcrest.
We're talking 24 hours 7 days straight of FUND-Raising. Ms. Berg and I are the co-advisors for Student Council which means that we got the priveledge ;) of being at every event!!!

We sold donuts, biscuits, funnel cakes, fried oreos, chicken fingers, ribbon fries, pizza, ice cream, lollipops, and sodas...EVERY DAY

We had tie dye parties, paint wars, womenless beauty pageants, middle school pageants, talent shows, a rave/dance party, parents night out, kiddie camps, a 5k run, silent auctions, basketball competitions, volleyball games, dodgeball tournaments, a car show, field days, an art show, a yard sale, outdoor concerts, sponsored dinners....seriously, just to name a few.

We raised over $86,000 for our charity, Connie Maxwell Children's Home! :)

This week, I've left school every night but one after 10pm and I've had to leave my house no later than 6:40 every morning so I could go pick up the 2nd (SECOND!) round of Chickfila biscuits. My feet were so swollen by the end of the week that I had to pick and choose which shoes I could wear.  :)

This weekend, I'm going to sleep. Like, stay in bed all weekend and watch Friends.  Like, stay in pj's all day.  Like - kick Grey out of the house and make him go hunting (like that's really a punishment...) so I can have the bed all to myself. :)

So excited.

Also (this is totally random, sorry!), but I never congratulated my friend on her engagement!  Here's to Madison and Ryan!  Grey and I are so excited for you two!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Beck! Please excuse our awkward photographic-ness.

    ReplyDelete