(posted last January)
**I absolutely loved this girl - quick story - She came into my room one Monday morning when class was getting ready to start and I asked her how her weekend was. She said that she had a good weekend and that Friday night, she ended up talking to this really cute boy (that she didn't know) and while they were talking, he asked her to go to his car with him just so they could talk some more. SHE AGREED.
At that point, I stopped what I was doing and stood in front of the entire class and said, "LISTEN UP!" I proceeded to explain (to the entire class) the dangers of going ANYWHERE with people (in particular men) that you didn't know. "Don't get into their cars. This is how you get kidnapped and raped. It doesn't matter if they're cute or not. It doesn't matter if they say they need to get something. THIS IS HOW BAD THINGS HAPPEN"
(Today)
I got a letter from the same girl! :) I thought you'd enjoy reading it.
Dear Mrs. Lancaster,
............
You're going to be so proud of me! Yesterday, my friends and I drove to ***** for lunch after the exam. The dishwasher there is always giving me "the eyebrows" whenever I go. His eyebrows shoot up really fast, up and down...it's a Mexican thing. Anyways, when we were in the parking lot about to leave, I heard something..."chu chu" (not like a train, but the noise hispanic guys make when they're trying to get your attention). I turned around and he was behind this tall fence that half way covers the dumpsters. He was waving me over! He kept on calling me and waving me to go...and I did...NOT! haha. I told my friend, "get in the car" and they were clueless about what was going on...I said, "he's waving me over, get in the car" and we did. I was tempted to flick him off when we drove by but I decided to be the bigger person. It really offended me! I don't think I looked like a skank! A real man...gentleman would have walked up to me! Not waved behind the dumpster?! Good think I've gotten smarter since that last creepy guy.......
:)
Happy Friday!
Friday, May 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

if you ever wonder whether or not you're influencing your students... just reread this post!! it makes me smile to think of you loving on all these students who just need it so much! keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete-Steph P