Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The yuck x2

Since August, I've had more encounters with students simply needing love then I ever have. It makes me wonder if even the worst days are worth it. Even though I'm not the happiest doing what I'm currently doing, it encourages me to go on knowing that God has placed me in this school, in this setting, purely to love on students who don't get loved at home or who are going through rough patches.

It's so heart breaking though. Especially because I can honestly say that I have no idea what they're going through. Sometimes I feel helpless and hopeless. I've always known that I am loved and accepted for who I am and these kids don't have that. How do you sympathize with them when you really can't possibly understand what they're going through and you can't talk about the hope that Jesus provides?

Today in my car, I heard the most beautiful song by Mercy Me - Beautiful. Below are some of the lyrics. It was a perfect God wink. Even though my days at times can seem so wrong, there is hope in this world and I pray (and you can too) that my students find that hope because at times, it will be the only thing that we have to cling to.

"Days will come when you don't have the strength
And all you hear is you're not worth anything
Wondering if you ever could be loved
And if they truly saw your heart
They'd see so much

You're beautiful, You're beautiful
You are made for so much more than all of this
You're beautiful, You're beautiful
You are treasured, you are sacred, you are His
You're beautiful

Praying that you have the heart to fight
Cuz you are more than what is hurting you tonight
For all the lies you've held inside so long
But they are nothing in the shadow of the cross

You're beautiful, You're beautiful
You are made for so much more than all of this
You're beautiful, You're beautiful
You are treasured, you are sacred, you are His
You're beautiful

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment