Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Conversation Pt 2

Please refer back to this post if you need a refresher.
The so-called student from conversation number one has indeed shown up again. In this story, we find ourselves back to last Friday. Yours truly was doing parking lot duty (this involves making sure that people aren't in the parking lot) when a car drove by with our student in it. "So- called student" was leaving with their friends during third block and while leaving, decided to WAVE goodbye at me. What a dear, right?

This brings us to today. I mentioned to this student that I had caught him/her skipping school on Friday. As I imagined, the student could think of no such incident that involved skipping on Friday.

About 5 minutes before the bell rang, I told the student that I was going to follow him/her up to their next class so I could inform that teacher that they had skipped their class the Friday before.

At this point, the student TOOK OFF and ran out of my classroom. I wrote a referral and when the bell rang for the next class, I went into the cafeteria searching for the student. After I located them, I sat down and threw the referral on the table right beside them.

Student: What. Did I do something wrong?
Teacher: What makes you think that running from a teacher might be good?
Student: WELL YOU WOULD RUN FROM YOU IF YOU WERE ME!

:)
I love my job!
-B

No comments:

Post a Comment